Saturday, 25 April 2009

Farewell @ the Dubai International Airport

A grandmother's job never ends. Many grandmothers in our society step in to raise children when their mother is unavailable. Even in the best of situations, having a grandmother to help with child raising and to provide a softer touch is often a welcome intrusion. The other side of the issue is that grandmothers have to realize when it is time to step back and keep their mouths shut. If there is a healthy father and mother, they are the ones with the final say in how to raise their children.
As my Mom say bye bye to Gabriel it felt sad that my mom have to go back to philippines without Gabriel. Ofcourse we always have a conversation that she wants to take care of Gaby in the meantime so I can focus work..I know somehow in a way that my mother is all the time correct but "the only words I had told her " How will I know if I dont let the Boy stay with me I have to experienced and try to give my best with Gaby..I also want to share and experienced him stilll being a little boy 2 years more and he will be a grown up Boy. Last words my Mother said " Im always here anytime you can send Gabriel back we are going to miss him especially his tita Rachel". I have so much to thank to my big sister Rachel for taking good care of my son for raising him such a sweet, loving, God fearing boy,smart and intellegent one (plus his being super naughty lol!). And also to the rest of my family who supported me through out the years till this moment on. Thank you guys this will never happen without all of your outmost support to me.

At the airport Johan and his kids join and give a very warm farewell to me Mom


Laughs and fun with Benthe, Merthe and Gabriel

Our farewell lunch @ the Old Town opposite Dubai Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment